Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Leaves and falling on knees!

 

 

A perfect afternoon to take pictures of our colorful

leaves from the second story of our home.

DSC_0003

It was just late enough in the afternoon to capture the

sunshine as it peeked through the trees.DSC_0022 

I had taken the screen out of the window

to get a better photo.

DSC_0023

And as usual, my three cats

came a  runnin’ to check things out!

Before I knew it, our Maine Coon,

Mattie (the one with NO FRONT claws)

makes a running LEAP through the open

window onto (thankfully) the sill and

jumped onto the porch roof.  

 

DSC_0005

 

WOAH!  missing some traction kiddo? 

  DSC_0006

That’s better….the hind quarters still

have the tools to grip the shingles!  Still sliding

to your knees with the front legs though.

DSC_0012Mattie seems to be thinking… 

“Maybe if I walk sideways I can get across the roof.

Phew! a window sill to rest on.”   Don’t worry…

“I’m good!”

DSC_0018

O.K. Mattie ( I cautiously tell him) ….come on back in.

Mattie!  (I’m being ignored)

DSC_0019

Mattie!!       MATTIE!  (still being ignored)

 

DSC_0020

(Mattie casually looks around, yawns

and then…)

“Oh all right!”

“Fine…

I’m coming  back in

BUT only because I WANTED

to anyways!”

 

  Suddenly, I was no longer

surrounded by my four legged

photo“crew”.  

DSC_0023

Leaving me all alone to enjoy

a beautiful Autumn day…

and all the pretty leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment