Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer time, Summer time –Sum-Sum-Summer time….!

 

Here’s an early 1900 post card sent to my Great great Aunt Elizabeth (Lizzie) It must have been some pre-summer time (June 22nd)  work on the cottage in Westbrook, Ct (SW coast of Conn.) because the

writer of the post card “E.H.” (?) talks about having the “barn covered and shingled by Tuesday night when they expect to return home. Top postcards from CannanThe faint oval outline (in pencil no less) is to show the size of the “long clams Fred has dug”.  Cute?! 

Top-1 This is an old, 1940’s photo of the cottage my Grandparents had in Wareham, Ma Cape Cod!  Set up on a bluff, it overlooked the River inlet that led to the Atlantic Ocean. They sold it in the late ‘50’s –early 60’s when I was a little girl, but I LOVED going to “the Cape” even though I only went a few times.  I’m planning another visit to the Cape soon! I can’t WAIT!!!

Josephine VBS 1900  And what would summer be like without going to Vacation Bible School???  I found this old photo of my Grandmother, Josephine {Top left} and her little friends.  Photo taken 1900-1901.  Could this be a VBS group? (I love the big bows on the girls hair!) Above,  this is the photo, untouched as I found it. 

Josephine colorised VBSAnd this is after I did some photo restoring in Picnik.  Aren’t they adorable?!!

 

This is a group shot of my Grandmother, Josephine (right side, white hair) They are sitting on a dock in front of the cottage in Wareham. The rest of the folks are Robshaws too. {of note, my Grandmother, Josephine had white hair from the tender age of 30!}

Nannie with Robshaws at Wareham, Cape Cod

Ahhhh……Cape Cod, there’s nothing like it!!

Hope you’re enjoying your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment