Monday, June 27, 2011

Warning! I’m grumpy and my tummy hurts!

Notice how some things NEVER seem to change?  And other times you can go about minding your own business then “Whap-poe” you get hit with the LEAST expected “event”.   That’s what 12 days ago was for me!

Fine one minute, then in a blink of an eye (and some serious tummy problems) you find yourself in IMCU unit of the local hospital that you (big sigh and yes, I am rolling my eyes) WORK at to make matters worse!  So… now that I’m much better my question to you is…..  

 

DSC_0005Did anyone miss me?  While I was gone that is.  Like the two lower stems/stamens on my lilies out front that are missing its’ blooms?  Or are there just so many other wonderful blossoms to shine on in their  place?

I’m getting a bit melancholy.    Maybe I spent too long in the hospital, on drugs when all I take for pain is ibuprofen!  

melancholy.  That’s why I tried to perk up my spirits (like being outside, in the sunshine, snapping photos. 

Was it that I have been so “snappy in spirit” lately that it has left other’s to believe that BECAUSE I’m a nurse I am not expected to FEEL the same urgency to be OUT of pain as the average non-medical, but I’m a smart person can. DSC_0006

That in fact, I should be quiet,

seen grimacing and

NOT heard?

DSC_0004Maybe.

All I know that AS a NURSE; I have SEEN REALLY bad patientsthat make threats at us, bite us, hit us.   So why then is it “shocking” to others when I’m trying so hard to stay “with the program” and I am simply asking“question” why?   That I hear

things like “…she is SUCH a bad patient ……BECAUSE….she’s a nurse.   “Terrible” I was told tonight.  The stranger that sat in our living room, who was kindly administering my HOME HEALTH meds.readily agreed.   She had been wonderful and now?….What???

  After she had donned a mask and proceeded in a sterile manner to attend my PICC line, cleaned and redressed the area. LOOKS fabulous!!  Everything when smoothly.  She left to go home.  And my spirits ….sank.  Even the “Well bless her heart”…..blah blah blah.  Didn’t help b/c now that I’m living in the south almost 19 years that when someone says that phrase (according to Jeff Foxworthy) it means something different indeed! ( Ummm, yah I catch on fast;(

Better get on to bed.  Thanks to all the precious people who have left messages on my post!  I feel like a school girl rushing home to see   “…..if I got any mail” and remembering how HAPPY HAPPYYYY!!! I was to receive even just a “Hi”.

 

Thanks for “listening”.  I post more, brighter things in the morning!  “Pinky-promise”

TTFN   Mollydiane

No comments:

Post a Comment