Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap year…day?

 

Is that what we would call it?  February 29th is …cool!   I get this feeling every

four years…or so.  Truthfully…I don’t remember  much about the

2008 year.  My Mom had 2 falls and TWO hip fractures that

required surgical intervention! (need I say more?) 

Hence….(!)  THIS leap year, 

I’m makin’ a change!

I am going to jump in with both feet on this

leap year …um…day(?)  and  do some  catching

up on my blog and “possibly” posting a leap frog

post. {posting x 2}

Since the WHOLE month of February has gone 

by in a total blur…except for this 24hrs of a grace period by which another day has been added. I’ll try to get you up to date!

I’ll try to be brief.  Just the facts !

"{…ah…maybe}

February in the ER has brought a tremendous amount

of really sick patients…of all ages.  I’ve worked a gazillion hours {it feels like} 

My whole body feels beat up, spit out, run over! worn out….my feet ache despite the handfuls of ibuprofen I’ve taken all month!

{don’t try that at home folks!}  

And my brain even hurts!!  {you get the picture?}

So…if I wasn’t working those 13 hr. days…I was home sleeping or in a trance like state, sitting in front of the  t.v.!  I’ve had a couple of days off.  I’m ready to …leap!

In honor of Leap Year DAY! I hope to post twice on this day!

I have managed to work on my Project Life album. It took me all of February to get caught up!  But I did it!

1st I had to sew my pages dividers on my sewing machine.

DSCN0994

Being too cheap frugal and using what I already had.

  DSCN0996DSCN0997DSCN0999

worked pretty well…especially since I had these 8.5 x 11 inch clear plastics sitting WAY back under my other stuff.  So far back that I had completely forgotten about them! Simply retrieving them and putting them to good use!

DSCN1002

I lined them up on my cutting board, measured the available options for dividing them….measured …

DSCN1003

again…

DSCN1004

after messing up the first time. And voila!

plastic dividers for my PL album.  I sliced up my papers to fit.  Plunked down a photo or two.  Typed up a comment

DSCN1006DSCN1007

{oops!  sorry for the glare}

or three.  There you have it!

DSCN1008

{above} are copies of actual photos of the Eiffel tower and a “mustang” plane that my Father photographed while in WWII! {I scanned the original, printed, framed and sent it to my brother in CT who had never seen them!}  Yup..he DID love it.  Well…actually…he said “wow”.

That’s Bro’ talk for “love”.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment