Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap year day…post 2!

thumbnailCAMGSPDK
 
According to Irish folk lore, Feb. 29th

 

thumbnailCAKG0I0I

 

became the one day of the year that it was permissible

for a lady to ask a man’s hand in marriage.  It dates

back to the 15th (?) century.  If the man declined

her offer, it came with a heavy fine.   How silly

this seems today.   

 

Huh??

IMG_0584

 

 

Any who….. in keeping with my

promise to make a double…leap year

day post; here are some more photos.

Most on the continuing saga of

Project Life”.

DSC_0005 So nice to be caught up…finally!

 

DSC_0016

I found that having one long column made it very easy to print out a paragraph or two about that week.  All at one time. Done!

  DSC_0019

Our lives are complicated enough.  It’s nice to journal these pages with a word or two per photo or a whole little story if need be.

 

DSC_0015

 

 

DSC_0008

 

DSC_0006

 Spotting the birds singing again and the spring flowers blooming is a BIG deal up north.  Not so much here.  But it still makes me happy!

DSC_0003This is the only full page lay  out that I’ve done since  the new year!!  Credit for this layout goes to one of Jenni Bolin’s design team for my inspiration. I “think” it is one of Lisa Dickerson’s layout for the JB gallery.  I’ve had these photos of these very colorful birds for four years now.  It wasn’t until I saw her layout that inspired me to finally get a LO done.

{actually it’s NOT done yet…still have to journal}

DSC_0023

Happy Leap year day!

No comments:

Post a Comment