Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rest …Restore…and Renew

 

Recently,

I recovered

an old photo that had been tucked away for

perhaps, 60-70 years.  The photo had been

sorely damaged, however the adorable baby

was almost intact! 

Top-006

I’m not sure of “who” they

are.  My guess is they were friends of my Great

Grandmother Emiline and Great Grandfather John.

 

The baby, I believe, would have been Baby Beulah.

I couldn’t resist that angelic little baby face, I just

had to do my best and restore it with my only resources of

Picnic {which is closing 4/19/2012} and Picasa.

Here’s how I found it.   Yikes!  what a mess.

Top.BMP

Using

Picasa, I used the “touch up” .  

Top-5.BMP

Then on to Picnic and

finished up the rest of the touch ups and added some color. Not the greatest restoration.  But I think it definitely gives them

more character and helps me to get to “know” them a little better.

{even if I don’t really know for sure who they are!} For

now…They’ll be known as Baby Beulah and her Parents.

 

Top-006

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful picture--and you did such a good job restoring it!

    Sorry I haven't been by in a while...life's been keeping me from making my visits! I always appreciate when you take the time to stop by--I'll try to be better!

    Thank-you for always being so encouraging and saying the kindest things!

    Wishing you a beautiful day--

    Julie

    ReplyDelete