Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ah…the splendor of it all!

I so love these cherry trees, especially since they grow right outside my 2nd story window!

it restores my soul just to be able

look out upon these beauties and

smell the faint sweet scent! 

DSC_0113

 

The honey bees were all loaded up with their pollen “saddle bags”.

DSC_0107 

DSC_0098

DSC_0093 DSC_0104 These Southern Pine trees remind me of the old Victorian pictures of the real candles on their Christmas trees.  Guess that’s why they call it “candling out”.DSC_0020 DSC_0112DSC_0105 DSC_0097I love all the different textures between the soft linear pine needles and the multi levels of the prickly pine cone! Not to mention the buffing effect of the sky above. DSC_0022 DSC_0127 After the less than great photos of these Cherry trees from my last post, I had to share these blossoms with their “delicate shade of pink” {to quote a line from “Steele Magnolias”}  DSC_0104

No comments:

Post a Comment