Monday, November 7, 2011

Cooler weather and Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

In keeping with my Nautical Themed office re-do, I took another

trip to Hobby Lobby where I found this coastal gem!   And I knew at once that it had a date with Annie Sloan {chalk paint}.

 DSCN0756

At the same time, I planned on repurposing an old large frame  into a wall hanging for my office/scrapbooking room. I got the idea of a frame within a frame from Heidi Swapp.  It’s part of her background props on her new web show  “My Craft Channel” (Love it!)

This is only the beginning for my frame, I plan to add other details.  Just not sure “what” I want to add.  The backing is simply foam poster board, painted the same “coastal blue” as my accent walls in my room.  The mirror is actually a plastic frame with a mirror that cost only 6 dollars at H.L. The same mirror with a wooden frame would have cost me 25.00 WITH the 50% off deal!DSCN0767

Besides, It looks identical with a fraction of the price and easier to tack it up on the foam board!

 

I started with Paris Grey as my base, then touched over with the Antique White.

 

DSCN0751

 

Here’s a before of the frame and compass.

DSCN0752 This was your basic “Big Lots” on special, a  picture frame that I got years ago.  It was marked down even more because the glass had broke.

See?  Silver and grey/ grey and silver…boring!

DSCN0754

DSCN0753My painting inspector close by!  {Angel lea}

 

The mirror started out grey…

DSCN0759

 

so I just brushed it lightly with the antique white.

  DSCN0760

Once I hung it up on my wall, I loved

how it picked up the reflection of my dress form

on the opposite side of the room!DSCN0771 

Well… we’re getting there; my little inspector and I.DSCN0768   

Onward to the next project!

2 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous!!! I think I need to do a bit of scouting for that chalk paint--I've got about a dozen things that need it!

    Wishing you a beautiful Sunday, my friend!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That compass rose is wonderful! And chalk paint sounds like something I need to find, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete